Monday, August 25, 2008

Shopping Tote How to

I love the new trend in grocery stores and even Walmart for reusable grocery bags. I am buying a few at a time so that I will have enough for even my biggest shopping days. Here is a tote we made for Earth Day this year. It is a re-post from Sweetlifeinthevalley.com (my other blog). I am going to be re-posting all the things that are natural green & organic related. Enjoy!









Cut large rectangular piece of fabric to desired size. Fold each end about 1/2 inch iron flat and then again about 2-3 inches iron flat.
Cut 2 strips of material for handles to the desired length. Iron in half. Sew each strip on raw edges then finish with zigzag. Turn inside out. Iron so seam is in middle. Zigzag ends.
Pin inside-out together to form the body of the tote. Sew together then zigzag to prevent fraying. Back stitch on corners to strengthen. Sew on handle straps into the inside along top. Iron seams flat.

This is Sha's finished bag. Didn't she do a great job?!
Made from recycled materials. Look around your home & see if there is something that would make a great grocery tote.


No comments: